Let’s face it, there are very few people in the world who actually “enjoy” doing the laundry, right? So when we set out to create a space to inspire a delight you with our Kitchen Craft cabinets, we wanted to add some additional flair and pizzazz to what is typically a mundane, single-purpose room used to wash dry and fold clothes.
Enter the Multi-purpose Laundry Room! Now, let’s take a closer look at what makes this space so unique and functional.
Much More Than A Laundry Room
If you have the space for it, creating a laundry/multi-purpose room in your home is a terrific idea because is adds so much more appeal and function. Here are just a few ways that we took our space to the next level . . .
- Colour-matched open shelving along the back wall with a countertop below for easy access to the items you use most often
- Totally unique “laundry island” with back-to-back base cabinets for extra storage, room for at least 2 people to fold clothes, do homework, crafts or even online webinars while the rinse cycle happens in the background
- A solid surface waterfall countertop on the island not only matches the same treatment surrounding the laundry machines, but also adds stability and makes this high-traffic space virtually indestructible
- A tall cabinet in the corner, along with more deep cabinets above the washer and dryer provide ample, easy-to-access storage for linens or surplus cleaning supplies
- The easy addition of a functioning blackboard and cork board adjacent to the island can be used for bust family communications or displaying a budding young artist’s latest masterpiece
To add that finishing touch, we’ve also incorporated a pair of large sliding ‘barn doors’ with semi-translucent glass from top to bottom to help partially conceal the room if desired (but we honestly don’t know why you’d want to hide this space).
Also tucked neatly in beside the adjacent hallway are 2 inset cubbies that feature tall wall cabinets with matching black interiors and no doors for easier access, plus small pocket drawers below, and even some hanging rods underneath for even more function in this space.
Setting the Tone
Overall, we’re convinced you will agree that one of the most striking features of this multi-purpose laundry room is the door style that we’ve chosen for it. Our Lexington shaker door provides clean, simple lines that compliment practically any space, and the addition of a simple crown moulding atop the tall and wall cabinets adds a little extra flair, while maintaining a very transitional look and feel.
Backed by our limited lifetime warranty, this amazing multi-purpose laundry room will serve you well for as long as you own your home.
Whatever your taste in cabinetry style and/or colour, we’re confident you’ll find exactly what you need when you consult with your Kitchen Craft designer. Use your imagination to create a space like this one in your home that will serve many purposes, and fulfill many needs.
Using Kitchen Craft kitchen cabinets in all areas of your home will give you amazing results. When you’re ready, consult with your Kitchen Craft Designer to explore and choose the cabinets that will make your space work best for you.
Get started today!
Contact a designer at the location nearest you to schedule your first appointment. We hope you will enjoy your new Kitchen Craft cabinets for many years to come!
2866 Calgary Trail NW
1434 Broad St.
1500 Regent Ave. W
1650 Kenaston Blvd