If you have a smaller kitchen space then designing a great-looking, functional kitchen boils down to exactly what you can fit, and where.
Today, we’re sharing some tips that you can use when working with a Kitchen Craft designer to plan and execute your perfect space, and ways to make that space appear larger than it actually is.
Small kitchens may seem to be a bit of a design challenge going in, but they can be very functional, beautiful and efficient. Plus, no matter what your budget, you’ll find that there are many options open to you to with Kitchen Craft cabinetry.
To create a more spacious look for your small kitchen design the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) recommends designing with more unique storage solutions, effectively mixing natural and ambient lighting, using more space saving appliances, and adding your own personalized touches.
Here are some ideas to discuss about your small kitchen when you sit down with your experienced Kitchen Craft designer:
Kitchen Craft Base Cabinet Appliance Shelf
- Creating designated storage for your small appliances keeps your countertops uncluttered, allowing you to maximize your work surface
- Adding a small island in the centre of the kitchen to provide additional storage, and is also convenient for access from anywhere in the kitchen
- Using a galley-style kitchen design in which your cabinets and appliances line up on either side of a corridor can work very well for a smaller kitchen space
- Another small kitchen design trick you can use to add more versatile space in your kitchen include adding a peninsula with chairs or stools to provide a built-in kitchen eating nook
- Creating the illusion of additional space in a smaller kitchen can be achieved with the use under-cabinet lighting. Ask your designer about the brand new raised bottom shelf wall cabinets now available to make this effect even easier
Base Cabinet Pot & Pan Pull-out
- The use of lighter coloured cabinets, such as whites or light grey tones will give the impression of more space, plus adding some wall cabinets with glass doors offers a higher level of visual dimension in your kitchen
- Pantry storage with pull-outs that easily bring your items out to you will not only provide more space, but will also save your knees and back from stooping and reaching to access those items
- Just because your kitchen space is smaller, be sure to install a large kitchen sink cabinet, since larger sinks are considered to be more practical than small ones when it comes to cleaning things like pots and pans
Kitchen Craft Tall Pantry Pull-out
Small Kitchen, Big Impact!
When you’re looking for ideas and flipping through kitchen design magazines you will naturally notice that most of the kitchens featured are large, so you might think your small kitchen in somehow inadequate.
Not necessarily. With the wide range of fashionable, on-trend cabinet styles, custom colours, clever and functional storage solutions, and of course the help of your Kitchen Craft designer, creating an effective and efficient small kitchen design for your home is easier than you think.
We hope that you will rely on the experience and expertise of your Kitchen Craft designer and their extended team to create a kitchen design you will love through 2021, and for many years beyond.
Get started today!
Contact a designer at the location nearest you to schedule your first appointment. Enjoy your new Kitchen Craft kitchen!
2866 Calgary Trail NW
1434 Broad St.
1500 Regent Ave. W
1650 Kenaston Blvd